Sunday 4 September 2011

"Xeno Hybris" - Kroot Mercenary WIP

Welcome Acolytes,

This blog will be oriented towards everything I do hobby-wise. I've had several blogs in the past without much success, mainly because of the lack of updates but most likely because I tended to theme my blogs for one specific army or project. The aim for this blog is to focus it on several projects and keep it updated for once!

My first blogpost will be dedicated to a project I started more than 2 years ago. I was (and still am!) heavily inspired by the concept of =I=munda at the DakkaDakka forums, the amount of work that Migsula, Col Hammer, Northern and SickBunny were putting into their "Jade Vessel" campaign was simple mind boggling. And as a matter of fact I did caught the "=I=munda fever" right away! I had the idea of making a warband focussed around a Radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor who is a believer of the Xeno Hybris-philosophy. He believes strongly that there is much to be learned from alien technology, and only through co-operation with Xenos species humanity will ever prevail. His henchmen are mainly Xenos who are dedicated to exterminating hostile alien threats, specifically; Genestealer Cults.

I started working on the Kroot Mercenary more than two years ago, and finally picked him up again recently. I added more detail to his armour and worked out a couple of idea's for his bionic hand. I want the bionic hand to resemble a Kroot hand, as it would be confusing for the Kroot to have different limbs than he is used to. I'm still figuring out how to make a bionic hand with two index-fingers and two thumbs, I guess it's off to the drawing board again!


Previous pictures over at DakkaDakka show that I was working on a Tau Renegade as well. He will receive some details and a different weapon soon, as I'm still searching for a XV25 Burst Cannon for him. I figured some sort gatling gun would prove a lot more useful than a Melta-type weapon when fighting Genestealer Cultists! Other idea's for the warband include a conversion of the new Jokaero Weaponsmith and of course an Inquisitor to lead the warband! I'm also awaiting my order from Dragon Forge Design for some Tech-deck bases and two resin plinths for displaying miniatures.

Until soon!

Rens


No comments:

Post a Comment